Information Management Advisor
Marine Atlantic provides a positive and inclusive work culture that is dedicated to creating an environment which promotes employee growth, career development, and job satisfaction. Come experience the pride of working with an organization with newly constructed and revitalized infrastructure that has positioned itself for future sustainability.
Some benefits of working with Marine Atlantic include:
- competitive salaries
- defined benefit pension plan
- comprehensive health and benefit packages
- extensive professional development and training opportunities
We are currently looking for an Information Management Advisor to work with our Information Management (IM) Department within the IT/IM Division. The work location for this position is either North Sydney, NS or Port aux Basques, NL.
The IT/IM Division is charged with all Information Technology and Information Management functions for Marine Atlantic. The IM Department is critical to ensuring that corporate information is appropriately managed and protected, as well as ensuring Marine Atlantic's management team has the information it needs to run the organization effectively and efficiently.
Reporting directly to the Manager Information Management, the Information Management Advisor will ensure the effective development, operation, and maintenance of Marine Atlantic's information management program. The position functions as an information management subject matter expert and advisor for the management of all Marine Atlantic's records and providing advisory services to our executive and management teams and staff on IM related legislation, policy, procedures, systems, and standards.
Additional Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Assists in the development and maintenance of Marine Atlantic's information management program and leads the implementation of new information management and protection policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Ensures confidentiality and security is maintained at all times regarding sensitive data, correspondence, reports, and information.
- Coordinates and leads the design, modification, and maintenance of Marine Atlantic's IM system(s).
- Coordinates the effective operation of the organization's record center.
- Liaison with Government of Canada departments and/or officials and external data providers.
- Adheres to legal requirements which affect the information of Marine Atlantic including access to information by departmental staff.
- Promotes a safe working environment.
What qualifications do I need to be considered for this opportunity?
Education, Certifications, and Experience
Bachelor's Degree from a recognized University or College in Business Administration, Social Sciences, or Information Management
At least two years of experience in information management, records management and/or Library services
A combination of equivalent education, job-related training, and work experience in a related position.
- Knowledge of IM frameworks, processes, applications, and systems
- Well-developed analytical skills, written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, and leadership skills; all developed in a client service centric environment
- General knowledge of information technology
- Project Management and Change Management Training
- Experience in the application of information management principles
- in a marine or transportation context
- Information management requirements of marine regulations and legislation
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning and Electronic Document Management System solutions
The Marine Atlantic Team
Our employees embody our core values; they are safety oriented team-players who exhibit integrity and commitment, and always strive for excellence. Their understanding and commitment to our values make our employees an invaluable part of our organization.
How do you become part of our team?
If you meet the listed qualifications, are interested in this opportunity and exemplify our core values, please apply online before 4 pm Atlantic Time on 24 October 2018.
For your application to be considered, all sections and questions must be completed.
Marine Atlantic is a Federal Crown Corporation that provides a vital ferry service link between Newfoundland and Labrador and mainland Canada.
Marine Atlantic Inc. is committed to Employment Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion and invites applications from Women, Indigenous People, Persons with Disabilities, and Visible Minorities.
To receive this job poster in an alternative format or to discuss alternate ways of completing the online application, please contact the Marine Atlantic Human Resources Department (email@example.com).