LPN (Permanent Part Time), 4CS Rehab and Rheumatology
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-35007a External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: 4CS Rehab and Rheumatology
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Part Time
JOB TITLE: LPN
CLASSIFICATION: Licensed Practical Nurse (3014)
LANGUAGE: English Essential with requirement to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, FTE: 0.4, Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $23.1388 to $24.9071 per hour
To provide nursing care to patients under the direction of the Registered Nurse in a collaborative practice work environment.
- Graduation from an approved school for Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Must be currently registered with the N.B. Association of Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team and a collaborative practice work structure.
- Ability to function within the current LPN scope of practice.
- Demonstrates initiative, good judgement and the ability to set priorities.
- Consistently demonstrates effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- High regard for confidentiality.
- Relevant work experience as an Licensed Practical Nurses within the past five years.
- Some units will require experience and/or advanced competency training.
- Willing to complete any relevant advanced competency education.
- Current License in CPR.
- Commitment to ongoing education.
- Completion of all Mandatory e-learning programs
- Rehab experience
- Physically able to perform assigned duties.
- Up to date certifications
- Team player
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French are required (Intermediate Plus)
- Meets professional, ethical and legal responsibilities outlined by the Association of Licensed Practical Nurses
- Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the Licensed Practical Nurse:
- Observes and reports changes in patients condition.
- Performs therapeutic communication techniques with individuals, families and groups.
- Documents pertinent information as per ANBLPN professional documentation standards:
- Participates in the development and revision of Nursing care plans.
- Participates in the documentation of nursing workload. (GRASP)
- Provides nursing care within the LPN scope of practice as outlined in the Practical Nurse Graduate Competency document produced by the Association of LPN*s.
- Reports abnormal findings to the Registered Nurse Promptly
- Performs basic Life Saving Techniques
- Consistently uses proper techniques for isolation.
- In collaboration with the Registered Nurse the LPN participates in respiratory therapy via oxygen mask and cannula up to 3 Liters.
- Participates in admission process in collaboration with the Registered Nurse.
- Prepares patient for transfer and/or discharge in collaboration with the Registered Nurse
- Maintains effective working relationship with staff, patients and the public.
- Participates in continuing education as determined by Nurse Manager
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by October 21, 2018
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time
Please quote Competition # 2018-35007a-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network