Senior Project Manager (Permanent Full Time), Performance Excellence
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-34841 External
BARGAINING UNIT: Non-Bargaining
DEPARTMENT: Performance Excellence
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Senior Project Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Non Bargaining
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Day, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $33.00 to $43.92 per hour (Pay Band 6)
Working with Process Improvement Facilitators and or Business Managers, this position will provide project management to projects throughout Horizon Health Network by using best practices and following Horizon Health Network project methodology. Projects will cross multiple services, departments and locations. Change Management expertise and knowledge will be vital to project success. The incumbent will have a proven track record of successes that show you can see projects through from conception to conclusion.
Skills & Qualifications: The successful candidate will possess the following skills, behaviours, and experience:
- 5+ years demonstrated experience and success managing complex projects of various sizes. (some in a healthcare setting would be considered an asset)
- university degree or an equivalent
- Advanced understanding and application of project management methodologies, standards, and tools. Enough knowledge to lead and advise others.
- Preference will be given to candidates with PMP certification
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams with multiple priorities in a multi-project environment.
- Ability to identify, understand, and articulate client needs, generate opportunities, and suggest approaches for addressing issues.
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma methods and best practices
- Strong interpersonal communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent coaching and mentoring other would be considered an asset.
- Proven track record of teambuilding, relationship management, and dealing with senior management.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Solid negotiating, problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Ability to assimilate, analyze, and present information in appropriate formats.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration.
Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
**A Resume (C.V.) is required as part of the application.**
Role and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and manage projects of different sizes and complexity with multi-disciplinary teams of health care professionals, stakeholders, and at times vendors and IT service providers.
- Oversee all planning activities, including development of the project charter, scope planning, scope and work activity definition, sequencing and duration estimating, schedule development, resource planning, cost estimating, stakeholder analysis, and plan development.
- Manage quality planning, project organization planning, communication planning, risk identification and management, and change management planning.
- Take an active role in managing project relationships. Work with project sponsors and process owners to ensure effective collaboration with all stakeholders to determine their needs and expectations, and manage expectations to ensure a successful project.
- Monitor and control project to ensure plan is executed, and that all quality, cost, and time goals are met by managing overall scope and schedule change control, monitoring quality, managing risk and reporting on project status and performance.
- Manage closure at the end of each project through the project close review to ensure major deliverables and business goals are met and lessons learned are documented.
- Provide other special or necessary project related activities as requested by the Project Sponsor.
- Perform change management assessments and based on outcomes build and execute a change management strategy for projects, this will include reassessment after implementation ensuring sustainability of the project outcomes.
Behavioural Competencies: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioural competencies:
- Relationship Building
- Effective communication
- Change Leadership
- Results Orientation
- Client Service Orientation
- Creative Thinking
- Coaching and Team Development
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by October 24, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time
Please quote Competition # 2018-34841-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.