Clerk Department Second Meat
Sobeys Inc. in Woodstock, NB
Requisition ID: 46626
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: Atlantic Store Operations
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: New Brunswick (CA-NB)
Location: Woodstock Sobeys
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Provide customers with friendly and professional service. Fulfills duties for all areas of the Meat Department. Supervise Meat Department and staff in the absence of the Manager. Actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Supervise meat personnel in the absence of the Meat Manager
- Promote an employee culture of coaching and development
- Complete customer meat orders
- Receive meat orders
- Perform daily meat preparation
- Merchandise the Meat Department
- Implement SMART retailing (Atlantic)
- Maintain sanitation standards
- Adhere to and implement all applicable company standards
- Perform administrative duties as required
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Above average oral and written communication skills
- Good work ethic and ability to multi task
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 12 months of experience
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.