Social Worker 1 (SW01)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : SCHP
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Community Mental Health Centre - Moncton
DEPARTMENT : Community Mental Health Centre (Child / Youth Program)
CLASSIFICATION : Social Worker 1 (SW01)
STATUS : Temporary full-time (approximately 6 months)
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
The PSI social worker provides a range of services to the community, schools, families and individuals related to addiction and concomitant disorders (addiction and mental health). The selected individual will provide comprehensive services to a child / adolescent and family clientele with various substance abuse and mental health problems. The incumbent will work in a multidisciplinary youth team and will perform the following duties: assessment, treatment, individual, family and group counseling, crisis intervention, prevention, awareness, health promotion and other related duties as required by the program. The selected candidate will have to travel to a specific geographical location by a school group attached to the PSI.
- Diploma of a bachelor's degree in social work;
- Registered member in good standing of New Brunswick Association of Social Workers;
- Minimum of one (1) year of professional experience in the field of mental health services and / or addiction services would be an asset;
- Good knowledge of the drug addiction phenomenon;
- Good knowledge of individual, family and group intervention techniques;
- Sense of responsibility and ability in planning, organizing and managing statistics;
- Strong drafting and leadership skills;
- Capable of acting as agent of change;
- Brief description of the coveted job and explanation of interest in the job;
- Personal Suitability: Good judgment, initiative and creativity, ability to adapt to change;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment