Senior Project Manager
In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada's most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and to work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects . In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today - we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
WSP is currently seeking a motivated Senior Project Manager in our North Vancouver Infrastructure Planning team. Reporting to the Director Infrastructure Planning, the Senior Project Manager will lead and facilitate complex and multidisciplinary planning and engineering studies for water infrastructure. this position will be responsible to work on projects for public and private clients, leading major municipal water, wastewater, drainage and flood management projects including planning, feasibility studies, preliminary design/constructability assessments. As a key member of the team you will deal directly with clients and approval agencies.
- Take a leadership role in the expansion of business opportunities and execution of major water, wastewater, drainage and flood management infrastructure planning projects;
- Provides project management and strategic advice for all projects, activities and assignments to deliver Infrastructure Planning projects in a complex municipal environment;
- Manage and deliver complex infrastructure planning, design and asset management solutions to customers - this includes report and proposal writing, business development, client liaison, and project management;
- Ensuring effective teamwork and communication, high standards of work quality and organizational performance and continuous learning;
- Applies the project management body of knowledge (e.g. Project Management Institute) to the planning and execution of assigned capital projects. Manages time, budget and scope to ensure successful project execution;
- Lead, develop and empower a diverse group of professionals and technical support staff; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in civil engineering from an accredited university;
- Professional Engineer designation with minimum 15+ years of water infrastructure planning with emphasis on water, wastewater, drainage and flood management projects;
- Chartered Engineer/Professional Engineer or eligibility for registration in EGBC is required;
- Experience and formal training in Project Management;
- Previous success in customer services, client management and proposal/report writing;
- Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and teamwork skills. Technical writing skills needed to support development of technical reports, tools, support documents, and training materials;
- Ability to work independently; and
- Ability to mentor junior staff.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.