Human Services Counselor (3013)
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : CUPE
ZONE : Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY : Community Mental Health Centre - Kedgwick
DEPARTMENT : Community Mental Health Centre - Kedgwick (Long Term Care)
CLASSIFICATION : Human Services Counselor (3013)
STATUS : Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
8-hour day shift, Monday to Friday
Possibility of night shift and weekend
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
As a member of an interdisciplinary team, the human services counselor offers support, coaching and/or teaching of skills to clients referred by the clinician to promote their recovery. The successful applicant works with the clinician, the client, significant others and other services involved. In general, work takes place in the client's living environment and may include his/her community network. Work is on an individual basis or in group.
- High school diploma, plus completion of a human services program;
- Relevant experience with adults and their families, including skills teaching;
- Ability to complete non-violent crisis intervention training and suicide intervention skills training (ASIST) within the set time frame;
- Good knowledge of and ability to use computer tools;
- Valid driver's licence and ability to use own vehicle in performance of duties;
- Willingness to travel within the zone;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by the Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment