Stanley Administrative Area
Full Time Permanent
Medavie Health Services New Brunswick is the subsidiary of Medavie Health Services responsible for the optimal operation and management of EM/ANB, an integrated, service-led primary health care organization. People are the biggest drivers of our success, and we are excited to continue to building a healthier New Brunswick together. As the management company for Ambulance New Brunswick and the Extra-Mural Program, we're looking for an Operations Manager, ANB Stanley Administrative Area to help us ensure patients receive exemplary, highly coordinated primary health care in the right place, from the right provider, at the right time.
Medavie Health Services is part of Medavie, a health services organization. Together with Medavie Blue Cross, we are committed to providing innovative solutions that will improve the health of all Canadians.
As a not-for-profit organization, Medavie is proud to commit an annual social dividend to the Medavie Health Foundation to support programs and initiatives aimed at addressing some of our country's most pressing physical and mental health coverage.
Located in Stanley, the incumbent will be responsible to manage staff and systems to meet the performance requirements of the ambulance service for the administrative area of Stanley, Doaktown, Boiestown and Keswick. Reporting to the Regional Manager, you will assist with the Company Corporate Strategic Goals, build staff capabilities, and implement changes to improve service levels. The overall general role of this position is to direct and provide oversight for the workforce in a positive manner.
The position entails, but is not limited to the following;
- sharing in the responsibility of on call coverage to all of required regions;
- ensuring that customer/patient service is a priority;
- successfully developing a customer/patient issue resolution process;
- managing the administrative area and dealing with employee and labour issues;
- overseeing and participating in the recruitment and selection process for site paramedic staff;
- demonstrating superior conflict resolution skills: balance assertiveness and sensitivity and successfully mediate conflicts;
- working with and developing effective teams;
- promoting awareness and compliance of company policies and procedures;
- providing back-up to working on the ambulances in emergencies.
As the ideal candidate for this role, you:
- have completed an approved paramedic training program and are currently registered as a paramedic in the province of New Brunswick (or equivalent);
- possess a minimum of five years experience working as a paramedic with a minimum of three years in a progressively responsible leadership role;
- have proven experience in EMS management, information technology, finance, and human resources;
- possess a valid Class 4 driver's licence in New Brunswick (or equivalent);
- have the ability to exercise independent judgment and can problem solve with discretion;
- are committed to providing stellar levels of customer/patient service and have a passion for business growth within MHSNB;
- possess and demonstrate leadership abilities with a proven track record for inspiring and motivating others;
- are skilled in leading and developing staff;
- use a positive and creative approach to problem solving;
- possess outstanding communication, negotiating, and dispute resolution skills;
- have working knowledge of standard business computer programs (ie. Microsoft Office Suite).
Bilingualism is an asset for this position.
A post-secondary education in business administration would be considered an asset. Regular business hours required, but some irregular hours can be expected. Travel required throughout the province.
If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals and possess the necessary qualifications, please send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the competition number NB18029 in the file name along with your first and last name.
Competition closes October 17, 2018.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Health Services New Brunswick is an equal opportunity employer.