Registered Nurse Class A (Permanent Part Time), DECH RES SERV DETOX
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-35102 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
DEPARTMENT: DECH RES SERV DETOX
FACILITY: Fredericton Addiction Services
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Part Time
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse Class A
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, FTE: 0.88, Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour
- To coordinate and deliver holistic care to individuals or groups of patients and their families, by incorporating the standards of Nursing professional practice and the Horizon Health Network philosophy of care
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate measures on a continual basis to meet patient needs and enhance outcomes
- To aid patients/families in development of their care plan and in recovery planning
- Collaboration, and provision of leadership and coordination for professional/non-professional team members
- To act as a resource and advocate for patient and family centered collaborative care
- To participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of education, policies and care standards
- To fulfill duties as determined within the scope of practice for Registered Nurses in NB
- Minimum of 1 year of recent and direct ( within 5 years) Addictions experience
- Actively registered with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick
- Current BLS, Non - Violent Crisis Intervention, ASIST and Motivational Interviewing are essential. Willingness to maintain re-certifications as required
- A Post-Secondary Certificate in Mental Health Nursing or CNA certification or equivalent, as well as Addictions 101 are essential (OR willingness to provide confirmation of enrollment with a 2 year completion commitment, to be provided within 3 months of hire).
- High level of interpersonal skills; ability to work well within a team and independently
- Demonstrated awareness of assessment tools and treatment modalities
- Demonstrated knowledge of and adherence to relevant legislation and processes, including but not limited to the Mental Health Act, Family Services Act and NB Addiction withdrawal protocols
- Demonstrated competency in development of care plans and recovery planning
- Previous exemplary work and attendance record
- Excellent communication and Organizational skills
- Willingness to participate in Reflective Clinical Supervision, Coaching Circles and Family Centered Care training.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
**A Resume (C.V.) is required as part of the application**applications without a resume will not be considered
- Through the use of standardized tools, utilizes the nursing process as a framework to assess, plan, implement, evaluate and document patient care
- Embraces a culture of client/family centered collaborative care
- Aids in the development of and continuously evaluates effectiveness of individual nursing care plans, ensuring modifications as needed
- Engages in therapeutic relationships and helps support and guide patients/families in their recovery planning
- Facilitates/participates in educational or therapeutic groups
- Ensures patient/family/community have been provided with information conducive to optimal outcomes
- Acts as a patient advocate, promoting an environment conducive to open communication and professionalism
- Maintains knowledge of treatments, equipment and supplies pertinent to the service
- Acts as a role model, working collaboratively with other team members
- Evaluates and communicates special patient needs and /or staffing needs to assure safe quality care provision
- Maintains personal certification skills required
- Models professionalism; maintains standards of practice and professional boundaries as determined by the service and NANB
- Acts in a leadership role for other professional and non-professional staff
- Assists with and supports the orientation of new staff
- Assists with educating patient/families/staff/community
- Supports the preceptorship program
- Promotes and demonstrates an interest in program activities, by attending staff meetings, participating on committees as requested and contributing to the development/evaluation of unit standards of care.
- Reports unsafe practices or professional misconduct which could possibly endanger patient safety
- Maintains an awareness of fiscal responsibility and promotes a culture of cost effectiveness
- Acts as a change agent to enhance quality of care, work environment and sustainability
- Works collaboratively with the Manager regarding optimization measures.
- These are the basic minimum duties required and are subject to change due to operational requirements.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by October 21, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-35102-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.