Sobeys Inc. in New Minas, NS
Requisition ID: 46491
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: Atlantic Store Operations
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
City: New Minas
Location: Sobeys New Minas Store 0747
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Provide customers with friendly and professional service while preparing meat products for customer purchase and meat displays. Actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Prepare meat products
- Merchandise meat area if applicable
- Maintain meat department area
- Receive meat orders
- Performs special order meat product requests
- Participate in professional development
- Meet company meat standards and Canadian Food Inspection Agency regulations(CFIA)
- Adhere and implement all applicable company standards
- Perform administrative duties as required
- Provide technical training to new staff and clerks
- Assist Meat Manager/ Clerk Department Second Meat if applicable
- Full knowledge of department operations and skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 12 months of experience
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.