Director, Operational Audit & Innovation
Sobeys Inc. in Stellarton, NS
Requisition ID: 46168
Career Group: Corporate Careers
Job Category: Administration
Travel Requirements: 20 - 30%
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Nova Scotia (CA-NS)
Location: King Street
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Sobeys is full of exciting opportunities and we are always looking for exceptional strategic leaders to join our team! We currently have a full-time opportunity for a Director, Operational Audit & Innovation to join our National Finance Audit team. This role has the option to be based out of one of our corporate offices located in Mississauga ON, or Stellarton, NS.
What you'll get to do in this fast paced role:
- Oversight, leadership and accountability of the annual operational audit plan
- Develop and oversee the execution of a broad program of audits including detailed scope development and report review
- Calibrate, rate and provide impact and root cause assessments on all identified issues to identify themes and potential aggregation risk
- Drives the delivery of fact based, data driven work and impact assessments
- Drives the strategic direction and implementation of the use of analytics, dashboards and visualization to improve deliverables and communications with Management
- Lead the implementation of value-added continuous and automated audit techniques and audit intelligence capabilities.
- Support the VP Internal Audit in preparing reports for the Senior Management and the Audit Committee on the summary of progress, testing completion, issues and remediation tracking
- Identify and improve department processes, methodology, control testing and reporting efficiencies
- Supports the VP Internal Audit in continuous communication and quarterly touch points with the Executive Committee in providing formalized activity and issue tracking for their functional area
- Input and maintain the Audit Universe for development of the annual plan
- Continuous development of stakeholder relationships across the business to facilitate effective working relationships and value add deliverables
- Continuous promotion and education of internal controls, risk management and governance best practices across the organization
- Drive continuous improvement of audit methodologies and deliverables
- Manage department budgets and resources to deliver the annual operational audit plan
- Participate in the recruiting, interviewing and selection process of new employees
- Provide leadership, coaching, development, training and career planning to direct reports
- Ensure direct report roles and capabilities are optimally aligned with the department's strategic direction and pillar based strategy
What your resume will include and demonstrate to us:
- Undergraduate Degree with emphasis in Accounting, Finance, or a related business field
- Professional Accounting Designation including CGA, CMA, CPA, CA, or MBA
- Minimum of 5 years of Senior Management experience in at least one of the following areas: Public Accounting, Internal Audit, Finance, Sarbanes-Oxley /52-109, or ERM, or;
- Minimum of 10 years of related business experience in at least one of the following areas: Public Accounting, Internal Audit, Finance, Sarbanes-Oxley/ 52-109, or ERM
- Strong knowledge of NI 52-109 and 52-111 and/or Sarbanes-Oxley
- Strong knowledge and application of leading ERM practices
- Strong ability to direct, plan, schedule, and execute audit functions
- Strong people-management and team building skills
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities
- Strong organizational, analytical, and conceptual skills
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
This is a critical role within our organization which provides an opportunity to really impact the effectiveness of our business. This role also has frequent interaction with leadership across our organization, so we are looking for someone who is confident presenting at all levels. We are excited to hear from industry leading professionals in this space.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading Canadian company with a clear vision and focus. We are only accepting online applications and welcome applications from all qualified people interested in this challenge. We will be contacting only those who will be selected to interview.
Sobeys offers our employees many valuable benefits such as:
- Growing organization
- Competitive salary
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Pension plan
- Flexible health and dental benefits plan (eligible employees)
- Ongoing Training & Development
- Opportunity for internal mobility to other departments and/or promotions (for employees who are strong performers)
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.