Director - Eldercare Services
BARGAINING UNIT : Non Bargaining
ZONE : To be determined within the Network
FACILITY : To be determined within the Network
DEPARTMENT : Geriatric Department and Rehabilitation Units
CLASSIFICATION : Director - Eldercare Services
STATUS : Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED START DATE : October 1, 2018
HOURS OF WORK :
Monday to friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Reporting to the Vice-President of community services and mental health, the incumbent will supervise the entire Network's Geriatric Department and rehabilitation units. The incumbent will be responsible for planning and organizing the care and services delivered. Services will need to be deployed according to best practices at both hospital and community levels. The incumbent will be responsible for managing human, financial, and material resources, training staff, managing quality and risks, and supporting training and research. The incumbent will also be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining a uniform process and will be required to manage employees physically located in other zones. The duties of the position will involve travel within the Network's territory to support colleagues in other zones. The incumbent may be assigned various mandates based on the operational needs of clinical services.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or other relevant field;
- Master's in administration considered an asset;
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a health care management position;
- 8-10 years' experience in the health care field;
- Experience in supervising/managing staff and strong coaching skills
- Proven knowledge and experience in the geriatric approach, and experience in program development and implementation;
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be taken into consideration.
- Demonstrated transformational leadership ability;
- Ability to set priorities and meet objectives;
- Ability to manage numerous projects and tasks simultaneously and understanding of the organization's needs and priorities;
- Analytical and writing skills and ability to see the "big picture";
- Good knowledge of, and skills with, Microsoft Office;
- Availability to travel within the Network's territory;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by the Network.
Spoken and written competence in English and French is required.
1. Salary commensurate with provincial scale for management staff.
2. Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. "Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment"