Sobeys Inc. in Saint John, NB
Requisition ID: 46442
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: Retail - Front End
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: New Brunswick (CA-NB)
City: Saint John
Location: 0233 Lansdowne Ave Sobeys
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys' purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
The Cashier is responsible for carrying out the full range of duties of the position in a professional, responsible, accurate and timely fashion. The Cashier will provide customers with friendly and professional service; and will process customer orders in an efficient manner. The Cashier will ensure accurate cash-handling procedures at all times through company practices, and actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Process customer transactions
- Maintain an accurate cash drawer while following company policies and procedures
- Operates Customer Service Desk following all procedures for lottery sales, refunds, bottle returns and inquiries as required
- Participates in the training of junior staff
- Maintain Front End Department Merchandise the Front End Department
- Assist other departments and functions as required
- Adhere to, and implement all applicable company standards
- Other duties as required
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.