Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : NBNU
ZONE : Zone 4 -Northwest
FACILITY : Edmundston Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT : Float Team (Primary Operating Room)
CLASSIFICATION : Registered Nurse class A (RNCA)
STATUS : Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
8-12 hour shifts - Rotation day, evening, night and weekend
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
The successful candidate will assume responsibility for a range of nursing care based on the patients' needs. The successful candidate will plan, deliver, and evaluate nursing care and collaborate in the delivery of preventive, diagnostic, therapeutic, rehabilitative and palliative care. They will also participate in the teaching provided to patients. They may be required to do ambulance transfers, if necessary.
- Active member of the Nurses Association of New Brunswick;
- Recognized BLS course and update completed within past year;
- Cardiac arrhythmia course or complete same within set time frame;
- ACLS course or complete same within set time frame;
- Three years' experience in general service;
- Professionalism and demonstrated ability to foster helping relationships;
- Ability to deliver basic nursing care;
- Sense of responsibility as well as planning and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated personal qualities, namely good judgment, initiative and creativity, ability to adapt to change, and being a leader within the care team;
- Good interpersonal relations and ability to deal with conflict situations;
- Ability to briefly describe the position sought and explain interest in this position;
- The person must be on the hospital premises within 20 minutes and have a means of transportation at their disposal so they can respond to call backs effectively;
- Ability to work during very busy periods;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Knowledge of spoken and written French is essential and knowledge of spoken English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment