Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : NBNU
ZONE : Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY : Madawaska Regional Correctional Center
DEPARTMENT : Madawaska Regional Correctional Center
CLASSIFICATION : Registered Nurse Class A (RNCA)
STATUS : Casual
FTE : 0.0
ANTICIPATED DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :10 hour shifts, day, night, rotation and weekend.
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
Under the direction of the correctional center, the incumbent will work with various health professionals and deliver a variety of nursing health services to clients. The incumbent will provide consultation, assessment, and information services to clients. The nurse holding this position will also have to provide assistance during visits by the institution's physician and provide the information required in the course of the physician's duties. Distributing medication, administering routine tests, and treating various minor conditions will also form part of this person's duties.
NB: These are only the main duties of the position. Other related duties may be assigned as required for the smooth operation of the sector.
- Active member of the Nurses Association of New Brunswick;
- Minimum of two years of experience practising nursing;
- Recognized CPR course and update completed within previous year;
- Immunization certificate would be an asset;
- Community health experience would be an asset;
- Professionalism and demonstrated ability to foster helping relationships;
- Ability to deliver basic nursing care;
- Knowledge of community resources in health and social services;
- Verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work during very busy periods;
- Ability to work quickly;
- Ability to teach clients:
- Demonstrated personal qualities, namely good judgment, initiative and creativity, ability to adapt to change, and leader within the care team;
- Discretion in previous work;
- Good interpersonal relations and ability to deal with conflict situations;
- Ability to work with potentially aggressive and violent clients;
- Briefly describe the position sought and explain your interest in this position;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set forth by Vitalité Health Network.
Knowledge of spoken and written French and English is essential.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
" Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment "