BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Community Mental Health Centre - Bathurst
DEPARTMENT: Adults Program (Long Term)
CLASSIFICATION: Psychologist 1
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: November 5, 2018
HOURS OF WORK:
8 hour shifts
Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The incumbent will provide a full range of clinical psychology services to adults and seniors with various mental health problems. As a member of an interdisciplinary team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following: evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, intervention, individual, family and group counseling, and program management. Responsibilities may include supervision of psychometrists and other support staff, as well as development of psychology programs.
- Master of Psychology or Doctor of Psychology;
- Licensed Psychologist of the College of Psychologists of New Brunswick or eligible for Licenced Psychologist Membership;
- Minimum of one year of clinical experience;
- Ability to obtain, within a set deadline, a training in suicide intervention (ASIST);
- Ability to maintain effective working relations with clients and their family, as well as colleagues partners, organizations and the general public;
- Initiative, sound judgment, creativity, and self-motivation;
- Willingness to use own vehicle and travel within the zone;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
1. Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend the temporary assignment for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment