Social Worker 1 (SW01)
Note: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT : SHCP
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY : Office in Richibucto Community
DEPARTMENT : Community Social Pediatrics
CLASSIFICATION : Social Worker 1 (SW01)
STATUS : Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED DATE : As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK :
8:00 to 16:30 shifts
Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
JOB SUMMARY :
In accordance with the Convention on the Rights of the Child, the social worker will take part in various interventions with children and families from the community to ensure they develop to their full potential. The social worker will provide consultation, support and referral services in collaboration with an interdisciplinary team and the surrounding community to create a social pediatrics model in various targeted regions in southeastern New Brunswick.
Here are the key points of the definition of social pediatrics:
- A local approach to overall health to make a difference;
- A child and family support approach to ensure the overall development of children;
- A mechanism that defends the rights of children in the community to ensure fairness.
- Undergraduate degree in social work
- Member in good standing of the New Brunswick Association of Social Workers
- Experience working with youth, families, service agencies and communities considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills with coworkers, clients, families, community agencies and government departments
- Ability to develop effective partnerships with the community network
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to set priorities among multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a changing environment with different populations
- Proven leadership and decision-making skills
- Strong interest in becoming more knowledgeable
- Good knowledge of computer tools
- Clinical judgment and good analytical reasoning
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to travel within the zone
- Valid driver's licence and own means of transportation with valid insurance in order to travel within the zone
- Adherence to the approaches recommended by community social pediatrics
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance)
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network
Written and spoken competence in French and English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Vitalité Health Network is a smoke-free environment