Senior Structural Engineer / Technical Manager
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every single day our more than 42,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Structural Engineer/Technical Manager to join our Mining group, located in our Sudbury or Timmins, Ontario office in a permanent full-time role. This position will report into the Manager of our Mining division.
Why choose WSP?
- A Canadian success story - a company that grew from humble roots in Quebec to a global, multinational powerhouse with over 45,000 employees worldwide;
- Impact the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every single day to be greater than we were yesterday, for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians, we're open to your ideas and trying new things that will challenge the status quo and raise the bar higher;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a forward-thinking workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly meaningful work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
- Are you a passionate engineer interested in working on challenging, dynamic, and diverse projects in a global company?
- Do you want to influence and guide and coordinate with various internal disciplines to ensure the successful completion of state of the art projects?
- Are you passionate about growth opportunities and exposure to leading practices within a growing, global multinational firm?
What you can expect:
- Performing computer-aided modeling and analysis of steel and concrete structures
- Developing technical specifications;
- Detailed concrete and steel design and structural analysis, including structure computer modelling, interaction with Drafters to produce models and documentation in line with QA Compliance
- Concept studies, including estimating quantities and preliminary designs
- Assist with construction enquiries, including safe lifting
- Support the Conduct site inspection audits and reports
- Interface with other Engineering disciplines, including Electrical, Process and Mechanical
- Focus on technical innovation and continuous improvement
- Perform engineering calculations;
- Perform capital expenditure (CAPEX) evaluation on structural works.
- Direct and control multi-discipline design engineering activities in consultation with other Owner's team managers and professionals, to ensure standards of safety, quality, cost and schedule are met;
- Manage the engineering team and activities;
- Coordination with various departments and disciplines required for project implementation;
- Field reviews;
- Preparation of engineering reports;
- Mentor junior engineers to develop their knowledge and skills;
- This position has the requirement for occasional travel to project sites and client offices. Travel period may range from one day to several weeks and may include international travel.
What you'll bring to WSP:
- Structural Engineering Degree from an accredited institution;
- Senior experience in structural analysis and design of mining and mineral processing plants or similar heavy industrial facilities;
- Ability to work with a minimum of instructions and complete tasks independently;
- You posses in-depth knowledge and experience using Canadian codes and standards for heavy industrial structures;
- You have excellent verbal and written English communication skills with working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programs;
- You have a great teammate attitude
- Advance design Amrica (ADA) (advantage);
- SAFE (advantage);
- MS Project;
- MS Office suite;
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for those taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only those selected will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.