Senior Electrical Engineer
WSP in Ottawa, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking, Senior Electrical Engineer(s) to join our Mechanical and Electrical Team, in our downtown Ottawa office. This person will be a key member of the team responsible for developing electrical building systems from schematic design stage through to completion of the Centre Block Rehabilitation Project.
- Are you an Electrical Engineer who enjoys technically complex projects where you can flex your engineering mind?
- Do you enjoy interacting with clients and various stakeholders?
- You will provide leadership to the M&E team in the pursuit of leading-edge engineering solutions for the various electrical and electronic building systems.
- You are able to own the design activities and mentor design staff on all aspects of their work.
- You are responsible for meeting engineering quality standards on assigned projects.
- You will handle the development of design concepts and ensures proper application and execution.
- You will Reviews designer's work regarding specifications, reports, code application, submittal review, equipment selection, deliverables, and drawings.
- You will lead a design team to produce schematic design, design development, tender and construction documents that meet the project requirements within the allocated schedule.
- You will work in conjunction with different partner groups to identify, and develop the merits of different options for various electrical systems, and to make recommendations for acceptance.
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and positive direction to less experienced team members for them to feel comfortable to tackle more complex technical challenges.
- Conducting quality reviews throughout the design process to ensure standard methodology design principles are being followed, and that the design meets all applicable codes and standards to satisfy the authority having jurisdiction.
- You are a licensed Professional Engineer experienced with different delivery models - i.e. CM, Design Build, P3
- You have a detailed understanding of LEED v4.0 and ASHRAE standards.
- With 12+ years of electrical engineering and design experience complex building projects.
- You have design experience in design of complex electrical and electronic building systems, including low voltage power distribution (including emergency power and UPS), lightning protection and grounding, fire detection and voice alarm, etc...
- You have excellent communication, and leadership skills with a will and ability to collaborate and tackle problems in an integrated team environment.
- You have knowledge of Canadian Electrical Code, Ontario Electrical Safety Code, National Building Code of Canada and the Ontario Building Code.
- You have an advanced understanding of quality standards relative to electrical design and planning, engineering fundamentals and principles.
- You are proficient in MS Office and have a working understanding of REVIT.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon you being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting an interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
Why choose WSP?
- WSP is a Canadian company with national and international success - we are local to our markets but have an international reach with a network of 45000
- We change the world around us - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is part of the fabric of Canada;
- We provide excellent career opportunities - we're still growing and pushing ourselves every day to be better than we were yesterday. We do this for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians. We are open to new ideas and trying new things that will raise the bar;
- We have a collaborative culture and a forward-thinking growing workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing significant work. Come to find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
- We are a leading company with vision, technical leadership and are an employee/people-centric place for the next generation to build and grow their careers;
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.