Visitor Experience Coordinator
DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM, HERITAGE AND CULTURE
VISITOR EXPERIENCE COORDINATOR
(PARK OFFICER II)
2 YEAR CONTRACT
The Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture is seeking a highly creative and energetic individual to join the Provincial Parks team as a Visitor Experience Coordinator. This position will be based in Fredericton where the successful candidate will have the opportunity to be a part of a dynamic and creative team responsible for the development of new exciting events and initiatives that will serve to enhance the visitor experience of New Brunswick's provincial parks.
Reporting to the Visitor Experience Leader, the successful candidate will assume specific duties and responsibilities that include, but are not limited to:
- Developing, planning, coordinating, executing and evaluating all program activities;
- Working with on-site park staff, tourism operators, and park concessionaires on the coordination and promotion of programs and activities;
- Coordinating and conducting public relations activities, special events and offering tourism information services;
- Working in collaboration with local community, school/youth groups and First Nations organizations; and
- Performing various other tasks as required or assigned.
- Graduated from a technical program with courses in park and/or resource management, recreation and/or tourism management or other related field, supplemented by a minimum of one (1) year of related work experience;
- Thorough knowledge and experience working with various computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Thorough knowledge and experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram); and,
- Possession of a valid class 5 driver's license
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that your preferred language for assessment is stated on your application.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate:
- Outdoors skills training such as Wilderness First Aid, water safety, canoeing, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, snow shoeing and cross country skiing;
- Supervisory experience.
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
The following operational requirements may be required:
- Working evenings and weekends;
- Working shifts (days and evenings);
- Working variable hours; and,
- Willing and able to travel throughout the province.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Client Service Orientation
- Concern For Order
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Relationship/Network Building
- Results Orientation
- Team Leadership
TECHNICAL COMPTENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Ability to Use Office Technology, Software and Applications ;
- Human Resources Management;
- Presentation Skills;
- Planning and Organizing Skills.
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
SALARY: From $1,622 to $2,008 bi-weekly (based on qualifications).
We encourage applicants to apply on-line at https://www.ere.gnb.ca/competition.aspx?lang=E&t=Y, by email to email@example.com or by mail at the following address.
Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture
Human Resource Services
Marysville Place, 4th Floor
P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
This competition will remain open until the position is filled.
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.