Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator
The Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of New Brunswick (APEGNB) is a dynamic and progressive regulatory association who truly appreciates the value of diverse and inclusive teams when it comes to problem-solving. To this end, we are currently looking for a Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator who can help us support our Members and attract a diverse pool of future engineers to our membership in New Brunswick.
You will be joining a team of seasoned professionals who have rewarding jobs and recognize that the Members they serve are the people who change our world for the better.
Job Role and Responsibilities
- Supports the strategic planning, development and management of engagement, outreach, campaigns, initiatives and resources related to increasing diversity and inclusion in the engineering profession.
- Supports the advancement of strategies and collaborations related to: fostering recognition of the value and contribution of engineering to society; sparking interest in the next generation of engineering professionals; promoting diversity and inclusion in the profession; and the recruitment, retention and professional development of women in the profession. An initial focus will be coordination and support of Member volunteers to provide inclusive engineering career outreach to New Brunswick classrooms, teachers and guidance counsellors.
- Supports work with key internal and external stakeholders to create and nurture strategic, long-term partnerships and alliances with educational institutions, business and industry, non-profit associations, jurisdictions, agencies, departments, community groups and others.
- Provides staff support to the Diversity and Inclusion Committee, 30 by 30 Champion(s), Communications Director, Branch Committees and Members with National Engineering Month responsibilities.
- University degree in relevant field or equivalent experience;
- Experience in program development and management in outreach or community engagement within a professional association.
- Experience fostering diversity and inclusion within a technical profession would be an asset;
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Well-developed relationship management skills.
- Highly collaborative with effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to influence outcomes.
- Proficient in the use of project management principles, practices and tools with a track record of delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and search engines;
- Experience working with a wide diversity of personalities, cultures and backgrounds within staff, volunteers and the community in general.
- Proficiency in English and French is required.
Salary: $40-50,000 plus benefits (1 YR contract with the opportunity to renew.)
Job Location: Fredericton
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply by October 22, 2018 to:
We appreciate all applications; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted