Audiology Speech Therapy Assistant (Permanent Full Time), Audiology
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-33420a External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
FACILITY: The Moncton Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Audiology/ Speech Therapy Assistant
CLASSIFICATION: Audiology/Speech Therapy Assistant (3003)
LANGUAGE: English Essential with requirements to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: Days, Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $20.6895 to $22.2703 per hour
The Audiology/Speech Therapy Assistant is responsible for participating with the Audiologist or Speech Language Pathologists in the administration of tests and implementation of plans.
- High School graduation plus completion of a rehabilitation program of at least one year in duration or equivalent.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French are required (Level 2+/Intermediate Plus)
**A Resume (C.V.) is required as part of the application**
The Audiology/Speech Therapy Assistant is responsible for:
- Assisting a therapist with providing therapy
- Performing established rehabilitation programs and monitoring and reporting on progress
- Preparing and cleaning equipment, supplies and work areas
- Maintaining records and documentation
- Ordering and maintaining supplies and equipment
- Participating with student placements
- Assisting in information, awareness and promotion activities
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Interpersonal Relations
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by October 17, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-33420a-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.