NEW WESTMINSTER / VICTORIA / KELOWNA, BC
In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada's most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and to work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects . In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today - we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
WSP is currently seeking a Survey Technician to join our Southern BC Geomatics team. Reporting to the Production Operations Supervisor this position will work on a variety of projects from residential cadastral surveys to large industrial projects. This role is primarily for office calculations with potential for field work on an as-needed basis. Office locations available are Victoria, New Westminster, Kelowna.
- Perform detailed survey calculations for legal and engineering surveys using AutoCAD/Civil 3D, and Trimble Business Centre or Starnet for data adjustments;
- Perform preliminary boundary resolution calculations and traverse adjustments;
- Provide technical direction to field staff;
- Perform quality control checks on field data, legal survey plans and site plans;
- Work closely with Professional Land Surveyors, Engineers and other technical staff to schedule field and office work;
- Work with Trimble Robotic Total Stations and combine with GNSS surveys (static and RTK);
- Play a leadership role in the office, maintaining a positive working environment and ensuring technical excellence while working with a variety of people in different locations;
- Actively participate in and proactively support the advancement of the WSP safety program.
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Technical college diploma in geomatics
- 5+ years' past survey experience
- Familiarity with the use of the latest survey equipment and software;
- Proficiency with calculations in CAD platforms such as AutoCAD Civil 3D;
- Proficiency with adjustments of data in Trimble Business Centre and/or Starnet;
- Sound knowledge of legal and construction surveying, instrumentation, electronic data collection and calculations;
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our firm and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our World of Possibilities microsite.
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted