HVAC Systems Engineer
Irving Shipbuilding in Multiple Locations
Halifax City, NS | Halifax Regional Municipality, NS | Halifax, NS
HVAC SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Irving Shipbuilding Inc., located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company's primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence.
The CSC HVAC Systems Engineer is responsible for engineering activities relating to shipboard HVAC system for the Canadian Surface Combatant Project. The CSC HVAC Systems Engineer will report, on a daily basis, to the Team Lead, CSC Auxiliary Machinery.
- Participate in the development of CSC HVAC systems design processes and procedures
- Participate in defining HVAC systems requirements
- Assists with facilitating and overseeing subcontractor development of design deliverables and technical purchase specifications relating to HVAC systems
- Assist with change management associated with HVAC systems and related marine systems
- Participate in Integrated Product Teams in support of development of the CSC design
- Participate in negotiations with equipment and material vendors
- Support the review of HVAC systems content in technical design reviews
- Assist in developing and implementing test plans, procedures, and requirements verification tracking
- Support the final project close out of all documentation updates and development of user manuals relating to HVAC systems
- Address risk items relating to the Mechanical Systems Team areas of responsibility, including identification and risk mitigation planning
- Interface with shipyard production and planning teams to ensure the HVAC system design products adequately reflect facility limitations, capabilities, and build methodology.
- Propose design and process improvements related to vessel producibility, shipyard safety, and production performance
- Participate in negotiations with vendors
- Develop and foster client and subcontractor relationships
- Participate in Integrated Product Teams
Qualification & Experience:
- University bachelor degree in engineering or Post graduate qualifications in engineering, that meet the pre-requisites to achieve Professional Engineering status with Engineers Nova Scotia.
- Five plus years of experience related to the design of HVAC systems
- Experience defining performance and environmental requirements for equipment and systems
- Experience preparing technical specifications for equipment and materials purchase
- Strong personal time management skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
- Familiar with system design for redundancy, distributed systems, and graceful degradation to support system and ship survivability
- Experience working within an Integrated Business Management Environment (IBME) that includes an integrated suite of software customized for design and construction including 3D modeling software, catalogue management, planning, and construction management
- Experience interfacing and working with subcontractors
- Experience working in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) work structure
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further details, please contact Aimee Wragg at: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Please be advised that some positions have been designated as 'Safety Sensitive' where the employee holding the position has a heightened responsibility for his/her own safety or the safety of others due to the nature of the job. If this is the case, you will be informed in the interview process
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.