Disability Support Program Facilitator
The New Brunswick Association for Community Living (NBACL) has available one position for an Independent Facilitator, as part of a provincial program to support persons with disabilities aged 19 to 64. The successful candidate will be based from the Bathurst or Miramichi area and responsible for covering Region 6, 7, & 8 (Bathurst, Miramichi & Acadian Peninsula) The Independent Facilitator is a contract position until March 31st, 2019.
The Independent Facilitator(s) will be required to, among other things, assist adults with disabilities to:
Develop a vision for their future;
Identify their need for disability related supports as well as options for meeting those needs;
Prepare an application for disability related supports and assist with the development of an individualized Disability Support Plan.
· Bachelor's degree in the social sciences, Human Service Counselor diploma, or combination of equivalent education and experience in the human service field;
· Valid driver's license, a reliable vehicle necessary for work related duties and the willingness and flexibility to travel throughout the regions to which assigned;
· Flexibility in working hours;
· Previous experience in working with persons with a disability, knowledge of inclusive practices and person-centered planning will be considered assets;
· Strong computer skills and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications;
· Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Check;
· Bilingualism (French and English)