Senior Project Manager - Bridges
WSP in Thunder Bay, ON
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager who has the interest and drive to join our Bridges, Transportation Engineering Department in our Thunder Bay office. We believe WSP has assembled the best and most vibrant bridge engineering group in Canada with offices throughout the province. This is an environment where one is surrounded and supported by a group of professionals with unsurpassed experience in all facets of bridge engineering. As such, we are looking for an individual with an interest in taking on the most interesting bridge work that the Province has to offer.
Reporting to the department manager, this position will be responsible for securing, managing and delivering bridge engineering projects for federal, provincial and municipal clients. This involves overall responsibility for technical aspects of projects, financial and schedule monitoring/control and liaison with the client and external agencies. The Ontario Bridge Group has highly qualified staff experienced in bridge planning, preliminary and detailed design, inspection, evaluation, rehabilitation and project administration. The firm is proud of its reputation for leadership in the bridge engineering field and of the recognition it was received with several major awards for unique and challenging bridge designs.
- Project Management for projects involving roadway, railway and pedestrian bridges, culverts, retaining walls and other transportation related structures;
- Projects may include planning, preliminary design, detailed design, rehabilitation design, investigations and inspections, report preparation, contract document preparation and construction administration;
- Projects may involve management of multi-disciplinary teams;
- Oversight, mentoring and technical guidance of structural engineers, CAD staff, technicians and construction administrators/inspectors;
- Monitoring progress of projects, schedule, finances;
- Liaison with other internal project disciplines, sub-consultants, clients and external agencies;
- Construction liaison on projects;
- Preparation of proposals including fee estimates;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university;
- Registered as a P. Eng. in Ontario;
- 12+ years' of related experience required;
- Design and/or management experience on preliminary and detail design assignments for bridges for the MTO, the City of Thunder Bay, or other Municipalities within Ontario;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with the client, and to write reports and proposals;
- Previous Project Management experience;
- Technical background in bridge engineering;
- Knowledge of current design codes and standards;
- Committed team player with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Company: WSP Canada Inc. #LI-NW1
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.
Thunder Bay, ON