National Commercial Manager, Major Projects
In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada's most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects . In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today - we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
WSP is currently seeking a National Commercial Manager to join our Transportation Business Line, located at our Thornhill office (other locations in Canada can also be considered). Reporting to our PMO Lead, this position will be responsible for supporting our various Market Sectors in contract development and management on Transportation Infrastructure pursuits and projects.
- Define and lead the Requests for Expression of Interest, RFQ and Bid processes including supporting the Proposal Manager with the document development for each stage, evaluation of submissions, and award recommendations;
- Co-chair with Legal, the Contract Development Working Group that is developing the Contract;
- Liaising with Business Development and Legal & Risk Teams as well as market Sector Leadership teams to prepare for submissions on Go-No Go processes, Fee Review and Risk Committee presentations;
- Review and validate the Project Baseline (scope, budget and schedule) to confirm it defines reasonable, achievable targets as well as respects the Market Sector's business objectives;
- Support the Proposal Manager in the execution of the procurement process while tracking the schedule, deliverables and, including the pre-in-market and in-market periods;
- Facilitate the development of solutions throughout the procurement process through positive working relationships with Legal, Finance, Risk and technical teams;
- Review / suggest contract articles and sections and/or schedules as required;
- During the in-market period, coordinate responses to technical RFI's with the appropriate SSE authors;
- Coordinate EOI, SOQ and Bid evaluations, providing expert advice and guidance on risk, real estate and financial matters;
- Manage WSP's prime contract with our client throughout project delivery / Support the Project Manager in managing the Contractors throughout the construction, test and commissioning, and acceptance phases of the work;
- Manage schedule issues promptly with the client to minimize delay claims;
- Oversee analysis and response to claims, to minimize cost and schedule impacts;
- Review the current organization and making recommendations for any changes/increases in staffing of the Commercial team;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- MBA (preferred), P.Eng. or other relevant designations, combined with 15+ years' experience;
- Experience in a similar role on Transportation Infrastructure / working on projects with CAPEX over $1 billion;
- Strong experience and understanding of the AFP/P3 procurement process
- Strong experience working in multi-disciplinary teams responsible for the design of major Transportation Infrastructure projects with specific experience mediating issues and facilitating discussions with key stakeholders to achieve consensus;
- Strong experience on Major Transportation Infrastructure projects at a senior level working with government officials and stakeholders;
- Strong experience working with legal, risk, technical, financial and commercial advisors;
- Advanced abilities and experience writing/coordinating/assembling RFEOI, RFQ and Bid documents for large capital projects;
- Advanced abilities and experience writing both technical and non-technical contract specifications and possibly performance requirements;
- Advanced abilities and experience and understanding of project financing/structuring of large infrastructure development contracts;
- Strong experience in risk identification, allocation, and quantification for large, complex capital projects;
- Proven advanced conflict and issues resolution skills;
- Proficient in French and English languages (is considered a strong asset);
- Excellent written, verbal, and management presentation communication skills;
- Team management and development considered an asset;
- Experience in both Owner and Contractor roles an asset;
- Experience in contract administration and claims management an asset;
- Design-build project delivery experience is considered an asset;
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.