Occupational Therapist (Temporary Part Time), MHSJ CHILD-ADOL
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-34844 External
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: MHSJ CHILD-ADOL
FACILITY: Saint John Mental Health Services
POSTING TYPE: Temporary Part Time
JOB TITLE: Occupational Therapist
CLASSIFICATION: Occupational Therapist 1 (OT01)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Day, FTE: 0.5, TEMP: September 24, 2018 to September 20, 2019, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $32.8342 to $39.1679 Subject to employment status
The Occupational Therapist - Addictions and Mental Health is responsible for providing assessment, consultation and clinical services to enable individuals to engage in occupations of life.
- A University degree in a related field.
- Must be registered and a member in good standing with the New Brunswick Association of Occupational Therapists and eligible for membership in the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists.
- Two years experience in the Mental Health field would be an asset.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
The Occupational Therapist - Addictions and Mental Health is responsible for:
- Participating in interdisciplinary care planning
- Assessing, planning, and providing therapeutic interventions to individuals and groups
- Using assessment tools to assess mental health competencies
- Liaising with families, employers and community stakeholders
- Monitoring and responding to high risk mental health activities
- Maintaining clinical records and documentation
- Providing guidance and support to therapy assistants and other health care providers
- Participating in developing and sharing information related to clinical skill sets, best practices and clinical guidelines
Professional Competencies identified by the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists:
- Assumes Professional Responsibility
- Demonstrates Practice Knowledge
- Utilizes a Practice Process
- Thinks Critically
- Communicates Effectively
- Engages in Professional Development
- Manages the Practice Environment
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network
- Analytical Thinking
- Mentoring & Coaching
- Patient Safety
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Problem Solving
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by October 14, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time
Please quote Competition # 2018-34844-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.