Resource Payroll Clerk (1036) (Permanent Full Time), Finance - Payroll
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-34939 External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
DEPARTMENT: Finance - Payroll
FACILITY: Miramichi Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: RESOURCE PAYROLL CLERK (1036)
CLASSIFICATION: Resource Payroll Clerk (1036)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Days, Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $23.1388 to $24.9071 per hour
Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of Payroll within the Area based on assigned departments. Has direct interaction with timekeepers, staffing clerks and Managers and acts as a resource and provides direction and support. Duties are required to be carried out within the framework of various acts, regulations, policies, procedures and collective agreements. Calculation and processing of manual cheques and adjustments. Prepares and issues Records of Employment, payout of accumulated benefit (i.e. vacation, stat holiday, leveling etc.) upon termination and /or status change. Respond to Employment Insurance wage inquiries. Verify and process Personnel Change Forms. Acts a liaison with outside agencies (i.e. HRDC, Insurance Companies, WSNB ) Performs other duties as assigned. Maybe reassigned throughout the department as required.
- High School graduation plus an additional accounting program of over one and up to two years or equivalent, which includes payroll fundamentals
- Two years of previous experience is also required
- Knowledge and familiarity with a computerized payroll system
- Accounting Knowledge (75%) as demonstrated by testing
- Microsoft Excel, Data Entry, at an intermediate level as demonstrated by testing beginner level.
- Ability to act in receptionist capacity with demonstrated tact, diplomacy and a pleasant personality
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis
- Ability to perform the duties of the position
- Good work record
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by October 7, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-34939-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.