Registered Nurse Class A (Permanent Part Time), Oncology
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-34876 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Saint John
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Part Time
JOB TITLE: RNCA
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Statutory Holidays, FTE 0.6, Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour
To provide a range of clinical nursing services to cancer patients and their families.
- Currently registered with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick.
- Demonstrates and understands the Nursing Process.
- Must be trained in accessing various access devices (port-a-cath, PAS port, Hickman, PICC lines).
- Must be trained in phlebotomy and IV access.
- Minimum (1) year oncology nursing experience.
- Must be highly motivated to pursue standards of excellence in oncology nursing (on-going education, CNA certification in oncology).
- Oncology certification CNA an asset
- Certified in venipuncture and initiation of intravenous therapy
- Certification in chemotherapy administration
- Evidence of good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to learn and apply medical concepts to the disease and treatment.
- Demonstrates initiative while working in an independent capacity.
- High regard for confidentiality and advocacy for patients.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by October 14, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-34876-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.