Clean Laundry Processor Laundry Services Worker
Service New Brunswick
Clean Laundry Processor / Laundry Services Worker
Service New Brunswick is seeking an individual to join the Health Services Division Division as a casual Clean Laundry Processor or Laundry Services Worker.
As a casual employee, the successful candidate will be called on an as needed basis to ensure operational requirements are met. This includes covering off vacation and/or sick leave, as well as for any temporary increase in operational demand.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
Laundry Services Worker
- Retrieve carts of soiled laundry
- Empty and wash carts.
- Sort, weigh, and record soiled laundry; remove and dispose of bio-hazardous materials.
- Operate and unload washing machines.
- Sort, weigh, fold, and record clean laundry.
- Distribute clean laundry carts; load and unload laundry trucks as required
Clean Laundry Processor
- Operate various laundry equipment.
- Sort, fold and store clean laundry.
- Receive, fulfill and dispatch laundry orders.
- Check clean laundry for damages and perform minor repairs.
- Load, scan, weigh, mark, and wrap clean laundry carts for delivery.
Clean Laundry Processor and Laundry Services Worker
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Show others how to perform tasks or duties as a part of departmental orientation.
- Deliver excellent customer service when interacting with our customers.
- Adhere to corporate policies and procedures.
- Read, write, and follow verbal and written instruction.
- Function in a changing work environment, alone and in a team.
- Work accurately and efficiently under pressure.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate must possess a high school diploma or successful completion of G.E.D.
Physically demanding duties such as bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, and lifting.
Written and spoken competence in English is required.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please state your language capability on your application and ensure that preferred language for assessment is clearly identified.
- Must be available to present themselves for work as required and on short notice (ex: receivea call at 6:00 am for a shift starting at 7:00 am)
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, variable shifts, holidays, etc.
- Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
- Candidates will be required to undergo Criminal History Clearance prior to appointment.
Resumes should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Hourly Rate: $16.91 - Canadian Union of Public Employees - Local 1251
We encourage applicants to apply online by clicking here, or by mail at the address indicated below indicating competition number 2018-SNB-SJL. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
Service New Brunswick
P.O. Box 1998
Fredericton, NB E3B 5G4
Telephone: (506) 476-7572
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!