Englobe is pleased to offer acareer opportunity to an ambitious Junior to Intermediate Geotechnical Engineerwho enjoys managing a variety of projects from multiple sectors and a diverseclient base. We supply geotechnical exploration, design, laboratory testing,construction management and inspection/testing services to energy,institutional, transportation, industrial, commercial, communication, andresidential clients.
Reporting to the Team Leader, youwill participate in geotechnical investigations, construction inspections,testing, and reporting for the development and construction of roads,subdivisions, towers, landfills, bridges, buildings, retaining walls and municipalinfrastructure. You will work in collaboration with our materialsengineering manager to assist in the supervision of materials testingstaff, help prepare materials engineering proposals and reports with respect toconcrete, soil and asphalt, and materials testing programs. Throughmentoring, experience, and professional development, you will acquireleadership and project management skills necessary to oversee projects from theproposal stage to completion. More specifically, you will:
- Plan, conduct and supervisegeotechnical inspections including drilling and test pit programs;
- Conduct foundation investigationsand complete shallow and deep foundation design;
- Carry out geotechnical laboratorytesting to the applicable standards and procedures necessary;
- Support the materials labmanager;
- Enter and report field testresults;
- Support experienced seniorgeotechnical engineering staff;
- Prepare proposals and writereports;
- Liaise with contractors, clients,and project managers;
- Attend site and office meetings.
- University Degree inGeotechnical, Geological or Civil Engineering;
- Minimum 3 years of relevantexperience in a geotechnical/materials engineering capacity is preferred;
- Member of Professional Engineerand Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL);
- Demonstrated oral and writtencommunication skills;
- Experience in supervisingcontractors on the work site;
- Strong organizational skills, attentionto detail and able to complete work within established timeframes;
- Team-oriented and an excellentcommunicator;
- Valid driver's license; and,
- Willingness and ability totravel throughout Newfoundland and Labrador on an as required basis.
Englobe Corp. adheres to employment equity and equal opportunity programs and encourages all women, visible minorities, Aboriginals and disabled persons to apply. Only selected candidates will be contacted.