Health Information Professional (Temporary Full Time), Health Records
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-34832 External
BARGAINING UNIT: Medical Science Professionals
DEPARTMENT: Health Records
FACILITY: Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Temporary Full Time
JOB TITLE: Health Information Professional
CLASSIFICATION: Health Information Professional 2 (HP02)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, TEMP Ocotber 19, 2018 to September 9, 2019, Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $24.77 to $30.28 per hour (Subject to employment status)
The Health Information Professional is responsible for ensuring that health record information is complete and accessible in accordance with departmental, regional and legislative requirements.
- Successful completion of a Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA) recognized Health Information Management ( HIM ) program.
- Successfully challenged the CHIMA national Certification Exam / holds a valid CHIMA certificate and is a current member in good standing with CHIMA.
- Successful completion of ICD10 / CCI coding testing may be required.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English required
The Health Information Professional 2 may be responsible for:
- Coding and abstracting data according to national and provincial standards.
- Verifying health record information to ensure that it meets all standards and regulations.
- Releasing Personal Health Information when appropriate.
- Performing basic data analysis and utilization management activities.
- Performing other functions related to health record information.
The Health Information Professional is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Information Gathering
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Skills
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by October 10, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-34832-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.