Registered Nurse Class A (Permanent Part Time), Operating Room Recovery Room Day Surgery
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-34717 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
DEPARTMENT: Operating Room/Recovery Room/Day Surgery
FACILITY: Miramichi Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Part Time
JOB TITLE: Registered Nurse Class A
CLASSIFICATION: RNCA Registered Nurse Class A
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Days, Evenings. On Call Rotation, FTE: 0.5, Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $31.23 to $39.57 per hour
Participate in the planning and giving of total nursing care in the operating room, recovery room, day surgery, and Pre-surgical screening clinic to meet the individual patient needs, in accordance with the philosophy, objectives and policies of the hospital and the nursing department.
- Current active registration as a practicing member of NANB.
- Previous OR/RR/DS clinical work experience within the last 5 years is required (excluding orientation period).
- Post basic course in OR/RR desirable.
- Successful completion or willingness to complete BCMI or equivalent within one year.
- Must become trained in I.V. Therapy procedures in compliance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support Course and recertify yearly.
- Good previous work record.
- Must be physically able to perform assigned duties.
- Willingness to participate in continuing education programs.
- Must be willing to rotate to other areas of the hospital as required.
- Must be willing to complete required certification programs for medical delegated functions and advanced nursing skills specific to the unit as per set time frame.
- Must be available to be on stand-by and take call-back on a regular basis as per schedule. (Applicants must have immediate means of transportation and be capable of reporting to work within twenty (20) minutes of being called back.)
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with patients, public, co-workers, Public Health Agencies and Medical Staff.
- Demonstrated ability to apply theoretical knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to manage stressful situations and to set priorities.
- Demonstrated adherence to legislation and Health Authority Confidentiality Policy to ensure all patient, business, financial and employee information is accessed on an as need to know basis.
- Patient Safety is a critical aspect of quality healthcare. Successful candidates must be accountable for creating a culture of safety, working as a team, communicating effectively and responding to adverse events.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English required
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by October 10, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-34717-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.