Project Manager, Building Sciences
In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada's most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects . In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today - we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
WSP is currently seeking a Project Manager to join our Building Sciences group, located at our Ottawa offices. Working with the manager, this position will be responsible for leading Building Science Project Teams, focused on restoration and construction of building envelope and roofing systems for commercial and large residential buildings.
You love being hands-on and being in the field and meeting with clients. You welcome the idea of leading and participating in building investigations and field reviews to select a design and repair options. Using your well-developed communication skills, you do not hesitate to prepare client proposals, building investigation reports and construction documents. You can draw on your experience to provide technical advice to clients and direct project teams (consultants and contractors). You have a sense of urgency and can handle opposing priorities. You have a passion for building sciences and sustainable design which you will apply to every project you encounter. You work hard and play hard and welcome an opportunity to be part of team who loves to laugh together and respect everyone's contribution to the team's success.
If this resonate well with you we should talk.
- Conduct building investigations and field reviews to determine a plan and repair options;
- You will prepare client proposals, building investigation reports and construction documents;
- You will provide technical advice to clients and direct project teams (consultants and contractors);
- Handle the contract administration and quality of restoration projects at the construction stage;
- Evaluate contractor performance to ensure project work you're doing and quality standards are achieved;
- You will routinely keep clients informed of site issues impacting project quality and resolve issues as required;
- We would like you to add to our company knowledge management and practice systems;
- You will contribute to the firm's reputation in the market and maintain client base;
- Once established as a PM you will coach and develop employees through daily project work;
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Building Science, Architectural Science or a construction-related discipline;
- You hold a P.Eng. or CET designation preferred;
- You have accumulate 5+years of experience in an engineering or architectural firm;
- You have shown success leading restoration and construction projects involving large commercial and residential buildings;
- Your In-depth knowledge of building materials and construction processes for repairing building envelopes, cladding systems, roofs and parking structures;
- You have a keen ability to quickly identify and understand project issues and opportunities;
- You pride yourself in our polished communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon applicants being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the applicants selected will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.s