Senior and Junior Software Developers
Job Title: Senior and Junior Software Developers Competition: 4246 Internal/External: Internal/ External Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent Location: Dartmouth or Moncton Salary: Competitive Compensation Reports To: Team Leader
What's in it for you?
What makes us a different kind of employer? In this role, we develop cutting edge Digital Health solutions for our members, partners, advisors, health care providers and group administrators. We are an in-house, innovation led, IT shop that is 300+ strong and growing! Whether you are just starting your career as a new grad or you are an experienced developer, we have challenging and rewarding roles and we are looking for top talent.
Common goals and collaboration to deliver outstanding service is what our team is all about, we offer:
- A diverse team of colleagues with multiple fields of expertise
- A stimulating and flexible working environment
- Comprehensive health and dental plan that is 100% employer paid effective on your first day
- Emphasis on work life balance, providing wellness benefits, health resources and fitness center discounts
- An organization where we encourage personal learning, growth and giving back to our communities
Your every day with us
We believe that our technology should truly connect with people. To that end, we adapt systems and technology to human behaviour, with our clients at the center of all we do.
There is never an "every day" here and that is what keeps life here exciting. You will need to use strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication to have successful outcomes in your every day. You will also be using a balance of highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to software design & development activities. We have a team who thrives in a fast-paced and innovative development environment where business and technical experts collaborate to deliver the best digital health solutions that our clients have come to expect.
Some of our solutions include:
- MAAX - The most advanced health benefit management solution in Canada - we are definitely proud
- Mobile - Leading edge cloud integrated mobile solutions for all our client needs
- Enterprise Analytics and Reporting - Always-on decision support and awareness
- Broad integration services and API's serving our clients, partners and providers
What you need to succeed:
- New-grad or with 2 or more years of building enterprise grade or web-scale software using Java and Open Source technologies
- Strong conceptualization ability, excellent ability to translate abstract ideas into working, high quality code
- Highly collaborative and capable of working in a fast paced and dynamic team environment
- Participating in design and code reviews with a focus on ensuring your solutions are high quality, secure, reliable and performant
- Strong collaboration skills demonstrated through the ability to work effectively with stakeholders, quality control analysts and security experts, as examples
- Support continuous improvement and adoption of best practices including Lean Agile, DevOps, Continuous Delivery Pipeline, and ITIL.
- Staying up to date with new technologies and suggesting feasible ways to make use of them through your advanced mentorship and knowledge sharing skills
You thrive in and environment that advances fast and continuously:
- Enterprise integration patterns using REST
- Containerization and Orchestration (Docker)
- Public/Private cloud
- Continuous integration and delivery
- Build automation & deployment
- Agile practices and tools
- DevOps and full stack development
- Feature driven development
- NoSQL & distributed data
- Runtime application self-protection
- Cybersecurity and threat assessment
For over 75 years, and across six provinces we've been a leading diversified health services partner for individuals, plan sponsors, plan advisors and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. We support the health and wellness of our employees and their families with various wellness programs and resources to support their personal and professional growth.
We're a team of 1,900 colleagues dedicated to collaboration, innovation, customer service, and committed to work-life balance, community involvement and career development which is why Medavie Blue Cross is recognized as one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. We care about the work we do-and we're looking for new colleagues who do, too.
Apply now for what could be your next best thing.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Segment: Developer, Oracle, Database, Java, XML, Technology