Manager of Food and Environmental Services Upper River Valley (Permanent Full Time), Food Service and Environmental Services
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-33596a External
BARGAINING UNIT: Non-Bargaining
ZONE: Upper River Valley
DEPARTMENT: Food Service and Environmental Services
FACILITY: Upper River Valley Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Manager of Food and Environmental Services Upper River Valley
CLASSIFICATION: Non Bargaining
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Day, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $24.70 to $34.55 (Pay Band 4)
Participates as a member of the Team (Patient Care Team, Nutrition and Food Services Team, and Environmental Services Team). Responsible for daily activities related to the administrative functions required to effectively and efficiently operate the Departments of Nutrition and Food Services, and Environmental Services in accordance with the statement of purpose, goals and objectives of the Departments and Horizon Health Network.
- Work and abide by the Mission and Values of Horizon Health Network and the Departments of Food Services and Environmental Services.
- Understands that CUSTOMER SERVICE is essential to achieving our mission and values.
- Participates as a Team member with the other employees of the Departments of Food Services and Environmental Services, in the provision of quality care and service.
- Participate as a team member and role model in Quality Management Program.
- Respect CONFIDENTIALITY in all aspects of the delivery of care to the customer and Department Operations.
- Bachelor Degree in Nutrition
- Registered Dietitian
- Bachelor Degree in Food or Hospitality with a Management focus, or recognised speciality in Food Service Management.
- Experience / training in Environmental Services considered an asset.
- Training and Experience:
- Two to Five years working experience in Food Services Department or a Health Care System.
- Requires the thorough understanding of cleaning procedures, various cleaning agents and operation of housekeeping equipment. Managerial skills required in co-ordination special projects, assigning work areas, inspecting and evaluating employees' work performance etc.
- Experience in managing various types of Food Delivery Systems, an asset.
- Demonstrated initiative and good judgement and the ability to plan.
- Good previous work record
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member.
- Good previous attendance record
- Effective interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills with health professionals, co-workers and patients (customers).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and proven analytical skills and abilities.
- High regard for confidentiality.
- Neat and clean in appearance.
NOTE: The above duties and responsibilities are representative but are not inclusive of duties of this position. May perform other related duties as required from time to time.
- Serve customers in a respectful and courteous manner (which is sensitive to and respectful of their needs, beliefs and values), that meets or exceeds their expectations.
- Highly responsive to requests for help, information and services from our customers.
- Listens to concerns of customers and shares information with team members (Dietitian, supervisors, co-workers, and managers).
- Seeks information to better understand customer needs and requests.
- Demonstrates the ability to see issues from the customer's perspective.
- Resolves complaints and concerns in a courteous, effective, co-operative, prompt, and non-defensive manner.
- Gains the trust and respect of the customer.
- Assess problem situations and initiate effective service interventions working with team members (Dietitian, supervisors, co-workers, and managers).
- Conducts and attends customer service training as required.
- Promote and enhance the nutritional value/impact to consumers.
- Promotes and reinforces the respectful workplace policy.
- Able to adjust to change and support team members.
- Ensure staffing needs are met through the replacement of staff, following department policies, procedures, and the collective agreement.
- Coach and mentor new staff through the orientation/competency training. Complete documents that monitor the employee's progress in developing skills, utilizing the competency and performance management forms.
- Coach and mentor staff to develop skills enabling them to meet performance expectations.
- Provide staff with feedback and coaching concerning their performance and document.
- Prepare performance management documents.
- Conduct performance interviews/reviews with employees.
- Participate in the interviewing and selection of staff, as required.
- Recognizes the team and individual contributions by showing appreciation.
- Prepares and revises task lists, as required.
- Manages in good faith and promoting healthy working relationship with bargaining agents.
- Fiscally responsible in the efficient utilization of Human Resources.
- Administers the collective agreement in a consistent and fair manner in accordance with Horizon Health Network policies and procedures.
- Apply effective communication skills and tact when interacting with customers and staff.
- Maintain an open line of communication with all team members.
Food Service Management:
- Manage, direct and supervise the Department of Food Services in accordance with the philosophy, objectives and policies and procedures of Horizon Health Network and the Food Service Department.
- Prepare, implement and monitor the departments' budget.
- Responds to budget fluctuations and adjusts service delivery accordingly.
- Maintain and monitor safe handling of food and equipment in a safe and sanitary manner according to the sanitation standards of the department.
- Review Public Health Inspection results and ensure corrective action is taken.
- Actively participates in the monitoring of the quality of the service.
- Prepare reports on department activities as required.
- Responsible for monitoring the purchase of food and supplies.
- Conducts and participates in menu development utilizing a collaborative approach.
- Manages and oversees Department information systems.
Environmental Service Management:
- Manage, direct and supervise the Department of Environmental Services in accordance with the philosophy, objectives and policies and procedures of Horizon Health Network and the Environmental Service Department.
- Prepare, implement and monitor the departments' budget.
- Respond to budget fluctuations and adjust service delivery accordingly.
- Prepare report on department activities as required.
- Assists in the investigation and testing of new materials, equipment, procedures and techniques to improve operations and recommend the purchase and/or implementation of same as appropriate.
- Co-ordinates special cleaning projects; insures that such cleanings are conducted as necessary.
- Confers with other departments regarding quality of service and employee's efficiency and conduct. Handle service complaints.
- Responsible for linen quotas and distribution in the facility.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by October 3, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time
Please quote Competition # 2018-33596a-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.