Sr. Geotechnical Engineer
WSP in Kelowna, BC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our Geotechnical department, located at our Kelowna, BC office. The Senior Geotechnical Engineer will play a critical role in managing technical projects and client relationships while mentoring and developing junior engineers within the Langley office. Working closely with the Geotechnical Manager, the Senior Engineer is a key component of delivering on our strategic geotechnical growth plans for the BC and Canadian business. 20
- Manage all aspects of geotechnical investigations for buildings, highways, bridges, retaining walls, slope stability, and municipal infrastructure;
- Coordinate and carry out field review of construction works and material testing of geotechnical materials;
- Prepare, write and review proposals and technical reports;
- Conduct and review geotechnical engineering analysis;
- Supervise and mentor technicians, junior and intermediate engineers;
- Manage project schedule and budgets;
- Assist team in developing internal and external clients along with strong Client interaction;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Degree in Geo-Engineering discipline such as Geotechnical Engineering or Geological Engineering;
- Minimum 15 years of experience in Geo-engineering field in Canada (experience in BC considered an asset);
- Registered P.Eng status with APEGBC;
- Prior experience within a consulting geotechnical engineering environment is considered an asset.
- A high level of proficiency with current geotechnical software applications;
- Valid BC Driver's License;
- Strong technical, oral and written communication skills;
- Seismic assessment, soil and rock slope stability review and design, retaining wall design, foundation design, pile design, dam safety, pavement design;
- Exceptional analytical and project management skills; and,
- Ability to work independently and cooperate with a team in various environments. # L
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.