WSP in Kelowna, BC
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Junior to Intermediate Engineering Technologist to join our Geotechnical department, located at our Kelowna, BC office.
The applicant will work under the guidance of our senior technologist and engineers on a variety of projects including land development (residential, commercial, industrial), transportation (bridges, highways, rail), municipal and infrastructure (utilities, pedestrian corridors), and will further develop geotechnical, report writing and laboratory testing skills.
- Perform geotechnical investigations using test pitting or drilling methods for projects including buildings, highways, bridges, retaining walls, slope stability, and municipal infrastructure;
- Conduct field review of construction works, including field testing;
- Laboratory soils testing, experience in concrete and asphalt is considered an asset;
- Assisting in the preparation of geotechnical engineering drawings from conceptual development through to final design;
- Management of field data, testing sheets, drawing markups, and geotechnical testing reports;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Diploma in civil engineering technology;
- Registration as an AScT or GradTech with ASTTBC preferred, or eligibility for registration as an AScT;
- Minimum 2-5 years of related experience;
- Proficient using AutoCAD, Civil 3D is considered an asset;
- Proficient using Excel and Word, experience using gINT an asset;
- Demonstrated willingness to learn;
- Good initiative and attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.