Application Solutions Strategist
Service New Brunswick
Application Solutions Strategist
Pay Band 6
The Technology Services Division of Service New Brunswick is searching for individuals who would enjoy a meaningful and rewarding career in the support and advancement of provincial health applications. As an Application Solutions Strategist you will provide technical leadership to a team that delivers application development and support services for software systems used by health professionals across the province.
The NB government is seeking to establish a leading position with respect to a digital society and many of these initiatives will be developed within the healthcare sector. As such, we will see a significant and exciting transformation on how we deliver healthcare to NB citizens. We are looking for people who want to be part of this transformation and make a positive impact on the lives of all New Brunswickers. This is your opportunity to become a member of our innovative and dynamic team.
Reporting to the Manager of Provincial Health Application Services, the Application Solutions Strategist responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Leading the system analysis, design, development, implementation, integration and configuration of Health IT systems
- Working with the various stakeholders (Business Teams, Project Managers, Application Support Teams, DBAs, Vendors, other development teams, etc.) to ensure successful implementation
- Adhering to design principles and information standards from the Strategy, Planning & Solution Services Group and also contribute design ideas to the Blueprint
- Completing the functional requirements analysis to identify information, procedures and decision flows
- Ensuring that secure application design and coding requirements are being met for ongoing release maintenance and support
- Completing all assigned development and maintenance tasks (service requests, releases, incidents, problems, etc.)
- Leading ongoing performance improvements of the applications when required
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: A university degree in Computer Science and a minimum of six (6) years of related and progressive experience. Subject to the response to this competition, an equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered, or the required years of experience may be increased.
Written and spoken competence in English is required.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please state your language capability on your application and ensure that preferred language for assessment is clearly identified.
ASSET QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to candidates who demonstrate they have training or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Experience with NB Regional Health Authority and/or Department of Health applications in Canada
- Experience in developing and managing the implementation of technical solutions in an operational environment
- Experience in architecture where multiple systems and domains need be considered from an enterprise view
- Experience with large software systems consisting of web interfaces, batch processes, time-based transactions, long-running transactions and multiple integration points
- Experience with system performance analysis and optimization
- Experience with database design and tuning/indexing with Oracle, SQL Server and DB2
- Experience with JAVA
- Experience with the Microsoft.Net Framework
- Experience with IBM's Initiate/MDM Client Registry
- Experience with HL7 messaging standards
- Experience with Integration Engines
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
Some weekday evening and weekend work hours may be required.
Candidates will be required to undergo Criminal History Clearance prior to appointment.
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Team Leadership
- Analytical Thinking/ Judgement
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Results Orientation
- Client Service Orientation
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Specialized Subject Matter Expertise and Knowledge
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Written Communication
Resumes should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary : $64, 038 - $85, 228 annually - Pay Band 6 - Management and Non-Union Pay Plan
We encourage applicants to apply on-line, by email at HR-RH@snb.ca, or by mail at the following address indicating competition number 2018-SNB-417. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
THIS COMPETITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL POSITIONS ARE FILLED.
Service New Brunswick
P.O. Box 1998
Fredericton, NB E3B 5G4
Telephone: (506) 476-7572
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
As per the Civil Service Act, candidates registered with the Equal Employment Opportunity Program and veterans, who demonstrate they are among the most qualified, shall be given preference at the time of appointment.
We promote a scent-reduced environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The New Brunswick Public Service: Improving the lives of New Brunswickers every day!