Senior Planner - Planning, Landscape Architecture and Urban Design
In Canada, more than 8,000 of our people foster innovation every day because we know that our future world will be vastly different from today. Our reach includes environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources. Through our Future Ready initiative, we bring clarity and vision to some of Canada's most complex challenges and opportunities.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Corporate Knights' Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned ReNew Canada's Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects . In 2018, LinkedIn ranked us number 7 on their Top Companies list .
At WSP , we see the future more clearly and design for it today - we put innovation, and the highest ethical standards and professionalism at the centre of all we do. Find out what we have to offer.
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Planner to join our Planning, Landscape Architecture, and Urban Design team, located at our GTA [Toronto, Thornhill or Oakville ] offices. Reporting to the Manager this position will be responsible for contributing to our industry-leading municipal planning practice as a senior member of our team. The candidate can expect to be challenged in a variety of tasks undertaken in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
We are looking for Planners with a variety of skill sets to address varying responsibilities such as:
- Planning policy & zoning interpretation for municipal & development clients.
- Preparing of municipal planning documents such as Official Plans, Zoning By-laws, Secondary Plans and Community Improvement plans.
- Research and presentation of planning analyses;
- Facilitation or support during public consultation events
- Other duties as assigned.
- A University degree in Planning or equivalent
- 7 + years of progressive experience in a municipal or consulting environment;
- Full membership and/or eligibility in the Ontario Professional Planners Institute and the Canadian Institute of Planners;
- Demonstrated experience preparing municipal planning documents including Official Plans, Zoning By-laws, Growth Management and Land Needs Studies, and Secondary Plans.
- Demonstrated public consultation experience;
- Experience with MCEA and familiarity with IAP2 would be an asset;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, query, analyze, and effectively communicate information;
- Demonstrated skills in project management ;
- Highly motivated, organized, flexible, enthusiastic team player committed to upholding our reputation for delivering high quality service;
- Excellent written and oral communication and time management skills; and
- Valid Ontario Driver's License.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.