Groundskeeper (Permanent Part Time), DECH GROUNDS MAINTENANCE
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-34631 External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
DEPARTMENT: DECH GROUNDS MAINTENANCE
FACILITY: Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Part Time
JOB TITLE: Groundskeeper
CLASSIFICATION: Groundskeeper (2038)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating, Days, Evenings, Nights, FTE: 0.49, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $17.8224 to $19.1840 per hour
The Groundskeeper is responsible for operating grounds equipment and performing basic maintenance work.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must have two years of experience doing grounds work including snowplowing experience.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English required
The Groundskeeper/Equipment is responsible for:
- Salting, sanding and removing snow from parking lots and roadways
- Salting, sanding and shovelling snow from entrances and walkways
- Fertilizing, watering, weeding and mowing lawns
- Trimming trees and shrubs
- Collecting and disposing of litter and debris
- Planting, transplanting, weeding and maintaining flowers and shrubs
- Performing minor maintenance of buildings and equipment
- Performing housekeeping tasks
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Interpersonal Relations
- Patient/Client Focus
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by September 19, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time
Please quote Competition # 2018-34631-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.