Medical Laboratory Assistant (Permanent Part Time), CHQN Lab Multifunctional
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-34657 External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
DEPARTMENT: CHQN Lab Multifunctional
FACILITY: Queens North Community Health Centre
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Part Time
JOB TITLE: Medical Laboratory Assistant
CLASSIFICATION: Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomist (3041)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Days, Evenings, Nights, Rotating Weekends, Statutory Holidays, FTE: 0.5, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $20.6895 to $22.2703 per hour
The Medical Laboratory Assistant is responsible for assisting with pre and post analytical tasks and routine technical and laboratory support procedures.
- Graduate of a Medical Laboratory Assistant program or equivalent.
- Must have successfully challenged the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science Medical Laboratory Assistant exam.
- An example of an equivalent is a qualified Medical Laboratory Technologist.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English required
The Medical Laboratory Assistant is responsible for:
- Collecting, receiving and preparing specimens
- Registering patients, entering orders and providing information to patients
- Performing routine maintenance, decontamination, sterilizing and cleaning
- Maintaining inventories
- Providing general reception and messaging/mail services
- Performing general office duties
Competencies identified by the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science 2007
- Fundamental Competencies
- Safe Work Practices
- Communication and Interaction
- Data Entry and Specimen Procurement/Receipt
- Specimen Processing
- Pre-analytic Procedures
- Reagent/Media Preparation
- Quality Assurance
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network
- Attention to Detail
- Information Gathering
- Interpersonal Relations
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by Septmeber 19, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time
Please quote Competition # 2018-34657-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.