Coordinator, Policies, Procedures & Accreditation
Medavie Health Services New Brunswick is the subsidiary of Medavie Health Services responsible for the optimal operation and management of EM/ANB, an integrated, service-led primary health care organization. People are the biggest drivers of our success, and we are excited to continue building a healthier New Brunswick together. As the management company for Ambulance New Brunswick and the Extra-Mural Program, we're looking for a Coordinator, Policies, Procedures and Accreditation to help support our growing operation which provides exemplary, highly coordinated primary health care in the right place, from the right provider, at the right time.
Medavie Health Services is part of Medavie, a health services organization. Together with Medavie Blue Cross, we are committed to providing innovative solutions that will improve the health of all Canadians.
As a not-for-profit organization, Medavie is proud to commit an annual social dividend to the Medavie Health Foundation to support programs and initiatives aimed at addressing some of our country's most pressing physical and mental health care challenges.
The coordinator of Policies, Procedures and Accreditation is responsible for the coordination of all EM/ANB operational and quality assurance policies, procedures, guidelines and standard operating procedures (SOPs). The coordinator also ensures that Accreditation related processes, activities and timelines are met.
In this role, you will be responsible to:
- Manage the processes related to clinical and administrative policies, procedures, guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) development, access, and dissemination;
- Develop and oversee monitoring processes to ensure development and implementation of and compliance with policies, procedures, guidelines and SOP;
- Provide advice and recommendations to Operations and department leads;
- Support continuous monitoring, evaluation and recommendations for improvement in keeping with accreditation standards and Required Organizational Practices (ROPs);
- Coordinate processes relating to patient satisfaction surveys and reporting;
- Communicate and track approved changes to established policies, procedures, guidelines and SOPs;
- Act as chair of all applicable policy review committees;
- Liaise with applicable stakeholders on relevant policies, processes and projects;
- Work with others to ensure appropriate development and delivery of education packages to accompany new policies or changes to existing policies or processes; and
- Facilitate recruitment and oversight of the Patient and Family Representatives activities and link the representatives with operations, departments and committees.
The ideal candidate will have the following education and experience:
- University Degree is preferred in the business or public administration field or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum of five years professional work experience in organizational effectiveness and reporting initiatives including any combination of management design, process improvement, strategic planning, data gathering, outcome evaluation, project management, coaching and/or mentoring;
- Knowledge and/or expertise in EMS management, home care or health care will be considered an asset;
- Experience with policy development, implementation and monitoring;
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills;
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational abilities are required;
- Demonstrate proficient computer literacy and the ability to create and edit various reports, presentations and databases.
Bilingualism is a requirement for this position.
If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of professionals and possess the necessary qualifications, please send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the competition number NB18024 in the file name along with your first and last name.
Competition closes September 23, 2018.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Health Services New Brunswick is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.