Regional Director of Pharmacy (Permanent Full Time), Pharmacy
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2018-34295a External
BARGAINING UNIT: Non-Bargaining
ZONE: Fredericton, Miramichi, Moncton, Saint John, Upper River Valley
POSTING TYPE: Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Regional Director of Pharmacy
LANGUAGE: English Essential with requirements to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: Day. This position requires regional travel and operation hours outside of normal workday hours (evenings). Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $47.01 to $52.95 per hour (Payband 8) plus a 15% compression adjustment (subject to change)
The Regional Director of Pharmacy is responsible for planning for, leading, overseeing and evaluating the delivery of inpatient and ambulatory pharmacy services in Horizon Health Network.
The Regional Director of Pharmacy is responsible for:
- Leading strategic planning for the pharmacy service including overseeing the development of operational plans and monitoring and evaluating their implementation
- Ensuring that all aspects of the pharmacy service meet pharmacy practice standards
- Monitoring and evaluating the quality and safety of pharmacy operations and clinical services
- Managing the fiscal and human resources of the Pharmacy Service
- Monitoring and reporting on performance indicators
- Serving as the Professional Leader for Pharmacy Services in Horizon Health Network
- Serving as the Director of the Region Pharmacy Residency Program
Entry to Practice Pharmacy Degree. Registered or eligible for licensure with the New Brunswick College of Pharmacists. Completion of an advanced degree in clinical pharmacy practice, administration, or healthcare management or equivalent experience and at least five years of senior leadership experience in the health care sector.
- Participates in the development of the organization's vision and strategic plan
- Serves as a professional advisor to the Horizon Executive Leadership Team on all aspects of pharmacy practice
- Serves as the Professional Leader for Pharmacy Services and is responsible for Pharmacy practice standards and evaluation methods to ensure services related to medication use across Horizon are of the highest quality.
- Represents and promotes the profession of pharmacy and its lead role in the provision of quality patient care to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Leads strategic planning and team building processes
- Serves as the Director for Horizon's Pharmacy Residency Program
- Develops and implements an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that support the strategic plan of the organization
- Oversees the planning, implementation and evaluation of pharmacy services
- Ensures the appropriate, safe and effective use of drugs through the development of policies, procedures, protocols and guidelines.
- Safeguards the effective and efficient purchase, inventory management, distribution and storage of drugs.
- Leads and supports ongoing process improvement work of Pharmacy Services in Horizon Health Network.
- Ensures effective communication of needs, pressures, unplanned events, and outstanding achievements to the Vice President of Professional Services.
- Manages resources within approved operating budget allocations, including the identification and analysis of pertinent statistics.
- Reports as needed on variances arising from changes to spending practices, work volumes and staffing resource utilization.
- Provides accurate forecasting as needed.
- Develops a prioritized annual capital plan to include medical equipment, non-medical equipment, information technology equipment and software and physical space requirements of the Department.
- Identifies urgent capital needs outside of the budget cycle to ensure quality and safety mandates are not compromised as a result of untimely equipment/facility failure.
- Defines an organizational structure that effectively supports the needs of Pharmacy Services in Horizon Health Network.
- Oversees the development and implementation of the region pharmacy human resource plan
- Works with the Region Managers of Pharmacy and Site Pharmacy Managers in the management of Pharmacy Staff of Horizon Health Network.
- Works in conjunction with managers, human resources and the unions to ensure that the respective collective bargaining agreements are adhered to and that staff are in compliance with Horizon Health Network policy and procedure.
- Fosters a positive, healthy and safe work environment
- Maintains a collaborative relationship with programs/affiliated universities that train Pharmacy professionals.
- Collaborates with the Director of Pharmacy Vitalite Health Network and with the Executive Director Pharmaceutical Services-Department of Health with respect to the delivery of Pharmacy services.
Competencies identified by the National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities (NAPRA) 2014:
- Patient Care
- Product Distribution
- Practice Setting
- Health Promotion
- Knowledge and Research Application
- Communication and Education
- Intra- and Inter-Professional Collaboration Ethical, Legal and Professional Responsibilities
- Quality and Safety
Horizon Health Network expects the Regional Director of Pharmacy to demonstrate the competencies identified in the Leads in a Caring Environment Leadership Capabilities Framework.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by September 30, 2018.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Please quote Competition # 2018-34295a-External. Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.