WSP in Calgary, AB
WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 48,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We're a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we're proud, professional and passionate people, join our team.
WSP is currently seeking a Bridge Technologist to join our Bridges group, located at our Calgary, AB office. Reporting to the Bridge Manager, Transportation this position will give you the opportunity to work on a variety of projects including multi-disciplinary design-bid build and alternative-delivery projects, which allows you to develop your experience on coordinating with project managers and design engineers. This includes preparation of preliminary and detailed design drawings, checking of structural drawings, calculations of structural quantities, review of shop drawings, and participation in structural inspections, technical documentation, construction supervision, and other related activities.
- Preparation of preliminary and detailed design of new bridges, culverts and retaining walls, and rehabilitation of existing structures;
- Conduct inspections of existing bridges, culverts and retaining walls and prepare reports;
- Prepare sketches for CAD staff and review CAD drawings;
- Prepare technical construction specifications; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Diploma from a Technician or Technologist program in Structural, Civil or Transportation Engineering;
- 1+ year' experience using MicroStation and AutoCAD, preferable in a consulting/design environment;
- Extensive experience with highway, rail and pedestrian bridges, retaining walls and other civil structures;
- Working knowledge of AT, City of Calgary and other local municipality bridge drafting standards;
- Working experience in Civil 3D, 3D modeling, and/or Revit is an asset;
- Ability to work on several projects at a time with multiple design teams;
- Excellent technical, interpersonal and teamwork skills; and
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP Canada Inc.