Manager, IT Support / CTS Online Insurance L3 support
TD Bank Group in Multiple Locations
Toronto, ON | Toronto, ON
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
The TD Insurance Online Channel is a dynamic and exciting area within Channels Technology Services. The journey of Digital transformation is never over. We constantly evolve what we offer to not only address customer expectations but to anticipate them.
Job Type Regular Job Status Full Time Hours 37,5 Business line Corporate Job Category - Primary Technology Solutions Job Category(s) Technology Solutions Job Description
About This Role
We are looking for someone to manage and lead a team of IT professionals in providing a range of application support and services ensuring enterprise operating standards are met and business objectives are achieved.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Oversee incident investigations to find root causes, then put high-quality remediation plans into action.
- Manage the operations, support, management of products, systems, applications and services for a range of clients to support them in meeting business objectives and goals.
- Manage relationships with delivery teams and partners, hold regular service delivery reviews.
- Drive and manage a highly effective controls environment covering change management, production implementation, compliance and audit controls, and business continuity.
- Promptly schedule test cycles and deployments with delivery teams.
- Ensure scheduled changes take place with proper testing, monitoring and implementation, at minimal business risk.
- Work with technology partners to ensure environment modifications interact appropriately and meet performance requirements.
- Understand and identify opportunities to improve support costs (people, infrastructure, applications).
- Oversee system, project and technical interface integration to ensure efficient operations and high-quality client support and service.
- Lead effort to test, debug, performance analyze and document environment components.
- Monitor service levels, set targets, take action.
- Negotiate, document project deliverables, timelines, charters, costing, governance.
- Identify IT service partners, develop business cases.
- May monitor and coordinate operating schedules and priorities for all application-related incidents to ensure effective and efficient operations support and maintenance.
- Focus on process improvements to lower operational, reputational and proprietary risks.
- Ensures operations training documentation is current and readily available.
- Follow process management discipline for change management of all systems managed.
- Maintain effective dialogue with regulatory bodies and standards organizations.
- Continuously improve delivery promptness while balancing quality and price.
- May manage appropriate recovery of costs to ensure effective cost management within own area and may develop and manage budgets for IT related activities.
- Provide coaching, development, succession, recruitment, resource management, team leadership, input into performance and development plans.
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
- Graduate Degree Preferred.
- 7+ years relevant experience.
- Strong preference for bilingual English and French candidate
- Ability to oversee new releases or projects typically focused on a specific product, system, application of moderate scope and complexity.
- Manages multiple teams and/or projects with increasing degree of complexity and broad scope, could manage or lead a group (
- Ability to work independently and often autonomously in the management of projects, teams and operational disciplines and develops strategic thinking and planning with respect to work execution.
- Ability to assume responsibility for management of the overall team providing both leadership and technical guidance. set targets and objectives for the team, and deliver results.
- Readiness to manage projects and teams (including financials) and advocates for reusability of architecture and processes by new business initiatives.
- Sound management capabilities with respect to problem resolution, plans and strategies for operational improvement/advancement.
- Leadership in growing team expertise to align with demand and TD's business and technology direction. assess team capabilities, proactivity in identifying ways to provide and enhance value delivered.
- Interest and drive to enhance knowledge/expertise by staying abreast of industry and business trends.
- Commitment to ensuring a close relationship is maintained with clients in order to keep informed of their business needs and direction.
- Familiar with cloud, networking, certificates to support applications
- Familiar with CI/CD, devops concepts, application monitoring and other SRE concepts to grow culture in team
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen - from the inside.
Make your mark. Join a dynamic team. Explore new ideas. This is your opportunity to impact the future of banking technology in areas and ways you've never imagined (at a bank)! Visit techjobs.td.com to learn more.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
**Province/State (Primary) Ontario City (Primary) Toronto ProvState 2 Quebec City(s) 2 Montreal