Sanitation Driver Collector
"Moncton is a vibrant and culturally rich community. It is the only officially bilingual city in Canada, as well as one of the best places in Canada to do business. Moncton is also known as the economic, sports, tourism and entertainment hub of Atlantic Canada. City of Moncton employees strive to maintain its reputation as one of the best places in Canada to live, study, work and play."
The City of Moncton is currently accepting applications for the position of Sanitation Driver Collector with the Public Works Department.
This position reports to the General Foreman/Day or the Service Foreman/Night. The duties involve physical work in the collection of refuse and the operation of refuse collection vehicles.
The successful candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:
- High School graduate or GED equivalency.
- Preference given to those with a minimum of one (1) year post-secondary education.
- English essential.
- Minimum of 1 year recent experience performing heavy manual labor. Outdoor and heavy manual labor work experience is highly desired.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years demonstrated experience operating a truck and/or heavy equipment 25,000 lbs. or heavier G.V.W. (loading, hauling and dumping operations).
- Must be responsible to operate the one-man refuse collection vehicle and all other refuse collection vehicles in a safe and efficient manner and report any equipment problems, breakdowns, accidents, etc.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License with a minimum of Class 3E.
- Must be able to read and follow written work procedures.
- Must be able to write neat, accurate and concise reports relating to the job activities.
- Training to work with mobile technology and applications in the field will be a requirement.
- Must be able to work without supervision.
- Must be able to follow schedules and complete tasks within the times allocated.
- Must be knowledgeable of the New Brunswick Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Conditions of work:
- Work requires considerable physical effort with significant exposure to several disagreeable conditions for extended periods.
- Work requires a very high level of attention or mental sensory co-ordination with sustained periods of concentration.
- Successful applicants must have the ability and strength to successfully perform the prolonged and arduous duties of a sanitation driver / collector as determined by the successful completion of a recognized fitness assessment developed by the employer that is directly linked to the conditions and physical demands of the employment.
The City of Moncton is an equal opportunity employer.
MISSION: Working together to grow our economy and enhance the quality of life for all citizens.
VISION: A city that inspires.
CORE ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIORS: Sustainability, diversity, creativity, engagement and leadership.
The Applicant must submit their application through the online system that can be found at:
www.moncton.ca/my-govt-work/careers or obtain an application in Human Resources at City Hall
To obtain more information, please contact Human Resources at (506) 877-7707.
CLOSING DATE: NOON - OCTOBER 12, 2018
(The City of Moncton thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those scheduled for interviews will be contacted)