Personal Support Worker
Shannex Incorporated has been in business since 1988 and is a leader in seniors' accommodation, service and care in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Ontario. Currently operating four retirement living campuses in New Brunswick, we are continuing to grow with the addition of a new campus in Moncton – Faubourg du Mascaret, our first French language campus.
Located on Université de Moncton's land in Moncton, New Brunswick, this campus will offer a full continuum of services including Lifestyle apartments, Hospitality and Wellness, Assisted Living and Nursing Home service lines.
We are pleased to offer the following exciting new opportunity:
Personal Support Worker
Casual (on call)
Located at our newly opening facility, Faubourg du Mascaret in Moncton, NB, our Personal Support Workers are part of a professional interdisciplinary team within Shannex. Reporting to the Health Services Manager as part of the Health Services Team, the Personal Support Worker operates to their full scope of practice to provide non-invasive personal services to clients and supports each client in their activities of daily living.
- Meets the personal needs of each client according to their individualized plan of service;
- Assists clients with hygiene and daily living activities such as bathing, dressing, oral care, skin care, meals, and mobilizing according to the work assignment;
- Escorts clients to dining and activities as required;
- Assists clients and Serverie staff during meal time;
- Assists in the provision of social, spiritual, and intellectual activities for clients;
- Administers client medications as assigned under the direction of the Client Services Coordinator/Manager and in accordance with Physician orders following all medication management policies and guidelines;
- Collects laundry from client suites and delivers to the laundry room;
- Delivers clean clothing to client's suite and puts in appropriate dresser/closet or allow client to put away if they wish. Delivers linen to appropriate linen closets;
- Personal Support Worker course;
- Will consider Home/Client Services Assistant Program, Special Care Home Worker Program, Health Care Aid or Human Services Program, or equivalent;
- Current CPR & Emergency First Aid Certification;
- Advanced proficiency in the English & French language
- Ability to work a schedule of flexible hours and shifts inclusive of days, nights, weekends and holidays;
- Clear Criminal Record Check;
- Clear Social Development Check
Supplemental Qualifications considered an asset:
- Basic food safety training or similar food safety education;
- Back in Form Lift and Transfer Program;
- Previous experience in working with the elderly in long-term care or a seniors living environment.
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package and attractive benefits plan.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization, please apply.
All applicants will be kept in strict confidence.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted