Employment and Education Assistance Coordinator
The Gagetown Military Family Resource Centre (GMFRC) is a not-for-profit charitable organization that provides families of the military community with a diverse range of programs, services and special events in New Brunswick. The GMFRC is an equal opportunity employer.
The Employment and Education Assistance Coordinator is responsible for managing and delivering employment and education assistance for civilian spouses/partner and youth of Canadian Armed Forces Members. The position coordinates and delivers one-on-one support as well as group sessions and workshops, using a strengths based approach for employment readiness, employment searches, interview coaching, and resume enrichment. Services are available in-person and virtually to both Regular Force and Reserve Force families. This full-time position reports to the Team Lead - Family Transition services.
The Gagetown MFRC offers a competitive salary along with flexible and family-friendly work environment, offering both vacation and sick leave entitlements.
Position title: Employment and Education Assistance Coordinator
Position type: Permanent Full Time
Languages: Written and spoken competencies in English and French
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week (flexible to accommodate program delivery and client needs)
Screening required: Enhanced Reliability Screening
Salary and benefits: $40,215 to $45,481 plus benefits (based on qualifications and experience)
- Ability to communicate in both official languages is imperative.
- 1-2 years proven experience and expertise working as an employment counsellor, or in a closely related field.
- Post-Secondary Education in human resources, social work or counselling are a definite asset; or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Strong individual and group facilitation skills
- Strong interpersonal, counselling, and life coaching skills
- Strengths based approach to developing action plans for employment readiness, job search strategies, resume writing, standardized testing, and interview skills.
- Excellent organizational and data-management skills
- Understanding of community and job market environment.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Mailchimp)
Candidates must provide a cover letter with resume, clearly stating their qualifications, experience, and skills related to this position. While all applications are appreciated, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline for applying is September 25th, 2018.
Applications submitted to:
Jolyne Roy, Team Lead Family Transition services
Gagetown Military Family Resource Centre
A45 St. Lawrence Ave.
Oromocto E2V 4J5